You're currently on:
FAQ regarding our pergola kits, arched pergola kits, and custom cedar pergolas
- What type of finish can be used on my pergola?
- Pergolas can be finished with any requested color. Each pergola comes with one coat of any desired color. At SCD Custom Pergolas we prefer to use a Benjamin Moore deep penetrating stain/sealer which has superior UV protection and longevity. If the stained look does not appeal to you, you may consider what many of our clients prefer, which is the maintenance free unfinished pergolas which will have a beautiful silver patina over time giving your pergola a unique flare. We can also paint your pergola with any color for an small additional cost.
- What type of facility do you build your pergolas in?
- We operate in a 8400 square foot facility with state of the art machinery and technology. All custom pergola designs go through our highly qualified staff to assure each client that our pergolas are of the highest standards. Located in the beautiful North Idaho Panhandle our facilities are capable of handling any size of project.
- Can you ship a pergola to me?
- All of our pricing includes shipping to your residence and is insured in the minimal chance that the product is damaged during shipment. Local delivery and installation is available in Idaho, Washington, Montana and Oregon for $1.75 per mile traveled plus an installation fee. Installation costs may vary depending upon specifications set down by you.
Our goal is to get you your order to you as soon as possible and typically have a 4 - 6 week lead time from time of order. However, due to our high volume of orders during the months of April, May and June please allow 8 – 10 weeks for your order to arrive. During this time ask us about our expedited order arrangements so we can accommodate any date specific delivery.
- What type of lumber do you use?
- The highest quality Western Red Cedar is used in the construction of all of our pergolas. Our mill cuts all of our hand selected wood and kiln dries it to 7%. Our logging practices insure the continued protection of our forests in the cleanest way possible. Cedar is renowned for its resistance to decay and natural beauty. Since we harvest and mill all of our own timber products we will guarantee that we will beat any verifiable quote by 10%.
- How do I assemble my custom pergola kit?
- We provide a set of detailed instructions with every kit as well as free technical support from our installation team. If you have any questions that cannot be answered by our website or the instruction manual we will be glad to walk you through the installation of your custom pergola kit over the phone or through email. In some cases we recommend hiring a contractor, depending on the complexity and size of your particular project. For further questions please call our or contact us via our contact page.
- What is a Pergola and where did they come from?
- A pergola is an overhead structure that creates a sort of outdoor room which can be used for dinning, entertaining or just escaping the midday sun and can be as custom as one's imagination. The various styles and options allow for a plethora of possibilities and our company specializes in turning those possibilities into realities. The word pergola comes from a late latin word "pergula" which means a projecting eave and is a structure with beams, rafters, and lattice that typically have a vine like plant growing throughout them. Pergolas in general are a very Itallian structure that can commonly be found in the wine country. Our various designs, sizes and styles can and will accentuate any style home or garden possible. So check-out our products and gallery and order your custom pergola kit today.